- What information we collect, how we collect it, and why
- How we use that information and with whom we share it
- How you can access and update that information
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
- How we protect the information we store about you
Please note that the games and certain other services, such as our payment services, provided on the Jump Platform are provided by third-parties, who may have separate privacy policies. These third-party privacy policies will be available on the applicable third-party’s website and you should review the third-party privacy policies to be sure you understand how third-parties are collecting, using and disclosing and using your personal information when you play games or access other third-party services. We are not responsible for third-parties’ collection or use of personal information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect certain information in the following ways.
Information You Give Us Directly
We collect some information from you directly. This information may be provided via an online form or when you talk to a member of our team. For example, you may provide:
- Your name, age or birthday, email address, username, address, password, telephone number;
- Security questions and answers.
- Information linking your account to our third-party Payment Platform;
- Information linking your account to your social network accounts such as Discord, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram;
- Demographic details and information in response to questions or surveys about our products or information to enter a contest, promotion or sweepstakes;
- The contact information you give in connection with any customer service query, and any communications or history in relation to any query;
- Contact information about your friends that you provide (note that it is your responsibility to get permission from your contacts to share their personal information with us); and
- Your mobile telephone number, if you choose to sign up and receive SMS messages.
Certain information that you provide us directly will become public information if you elect to provide it to us, for example:
- Profile Information. If you elect to set up a personal profile on the Jump Platform, your profile will be publicly visible. Your profile may include any information you choose to provide to us, including your name, a photo, links to your profiles on various social networks, your approximate geographic location. We will also assign you an identification number that allows us to identify you and link your account to your profile and other information that you choose to provide. Certain information in this profile, including your name, ID number and photo may be available to the public.
- Information you generate by using social or communications features. You may elect to utilize Jump Services that allow you to communicate or share information with other users of the Jump Services such as message boards, bulletin boards, messaging or chat tools, game or player forums, multi-player game functionality. When you participate in these features the information you disclose is public information. We may store and access it, and it may be read, copied, collected or used by other users without your consent. Please make sure your privacy settings reflect your preferences.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Jump Services.
We collect other information about the Jump Services you use and how you use them, including when and how often you use the Jump Services, what games you play, how long you play them, when you play them, how you view and interact with our other content automatically when you use the Jump Services. This information is collected using Cookies and Similar Technology as described below. This information includes;
- IP address (which may provide general information about your geographic location);
- The type of computer or mobile device you are using (including your device’s unique identifier);
- Browser information including your browser type and the language you prefer;
- Referring and exit pages, including landing pages and pages viewed;
- Platform type;
- Information about your use of the Jump Platform and game play on the Jump Platform, including for example, games played, time of activity, the number of time you access games and how you interact with our advertising; and
- Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URL’s and system activity details (e.g., whether the error occurred on the Jump Platform or you lost internet access).
We also may collect and store information locally on your device, using mechanisms like cookies, browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Information we get from Third-Parties, Including Social Networks.
If you elect to connect the Jump Services to a third-party application, like a social network application, we may receive certain information from the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the third-party application, your privacy settings in that application and, where applicable your friends’ privacy settings. The information may include personal informationas well as other information such as:
- Your first and last name;
- Your profile picture or its URL;
- Your user ID number, which may be linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile picture;
- The user ID number and other public data for your friends;
- Any information that would be part of your social graph, including information about your friends;
- The login email you provided to that third-party when you registered for it;
- Your gender;
- Your birthday and/or age range;
- Information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- We may also receive information about you when other users choose to share their contact lists with us; and/or
- Any other information third-party applications or other third-parties share with us.
Information we get from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
We and service providers acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
- First, to help you navigate the Jump Platform. When you sign in to the Jump Platform, we store your user id and a combination of your IP address and time of login as a cookie on your hard drive. This cookie allows you to move from page to page without having to sign in again on each page.
- Second, to understand things like what games you play and features you view and interact with within the Jump Platform. This helps us measure the effectiveness of the Jump Services, optimize the games and features we offer to you, select games and features for the Jump Platform and otherwise enhance your user experience.
- Disabling Cookies. You can disable cookies, limit the type of cookies you allow, or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being set by changing the settings on your internet browser.
- Do Not Track Signals. We currently do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We may adopt a DNT standard if one is established. To learn more about DNT signals go here: https://allaboutdnt.com/
- In the meantime, you may opt out of certain types of tracking, including certain analytics and tailored advertising by changing your cookie settings.
- Anti-Cheat. Anti-cheat and fraud prevention technologies, including local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game preferences and speed up load times.
- Other Sources. We may supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. We use information from these companies primarily to deliver optimized content to you and to understand your approximate geolocation via your IP address to customize certain services to your location.
Storage of Information on Your Device
Jump stores certain information that is required for the use of the Jump Services on your hard drive or device when you download the Jump Platform. This information includes:
- Information regarding Jump billing, your Jump account, your internet connection and the Jump software installed on your computer is uploaded to the server in connection with your use of the Jump Platform.
- Meta Data files, which optimize the speed and performance of the Jump Platform.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use your personal and non-personal information, both individually and aggregated, in the following ways:
To operate our business and personalize your game experience including to:
- Optimize content and feature delivery and selection;
- Operate, improve and optimize the Jump Platform and the Jump Services;
- Create and maintain cross-game features such as leaderboards, achievements, multi-player functionality, friend lists, and favorite lists;
- Create and maintain your account and allow you to play games on the Jump Platform;
- Help you find your friends or tell your friends about the Jump Platform;
- Facilitate sharing on social networks;
- Measure the health of the Jump Services;
- Enable user communication;
- Identify, fix and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
- Provide software updates;
- Enable our Third-Party Developers to deliver games and updates;
- Analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface) and optimize content selection, recommendations and delivery;
- Administer rewards, sweepstakes or other promotion or events;
- Help prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, curb fraud and enforce our Terms of Service;
- Protect Jump’s rights and property in connection with the Jump Services;
- Help protect the rights, safety and well-being of our users;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes with our users, and to enforce our agreements with third-parties (including our Third-Party Developers); and
To provide you support, including to:
- Help identify and troubleshoot problems with your account or games;
- Manage and send you confirmations and important information about your account and subscriptions; and
- Communicate with you and survey your opinions.
To personalize our communication with you, including to:
- Respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Communicate with you regarding the Jump Services;
- Communicate with you regarding promotions, new games, new products or other offers;
- Make recommendations to you; and
- Personalize content recommendations.
How We Share Your Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third-parties, as described below:
Aggregated and Anonymous Information.
We may process aggregated personal information about you (information about you and other users that is aggregated with information about other users that is not intended to specifically identify you) and anonymous data (aggregated or not) about you in order to analyze and produce statistics related to the habits, usage patterns, and demographics of users as a group or as individuals. We may disclose or publish this data (aggregated or not) for industry analysis demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
We use other companies, agents or contractors, to assist us with the provision of the Jump Services to you and to provide content for the Jump Platform. For example, we engage third-party service providers to provide certain game features such as leaderboards, to provide certain customer support and IT services and to process credit card transaction or other payment methods and we use Third-Party Developers to develop the Games. In the course of providing such services these service providers may have access to your personal information. We do not authorize service providers to use your personal information except in connection with providing services.
We may offer joint promotions, programs or sweepstakes that are managed or administered by a third-party that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with a third-party. In fulfilling this type of promotion, we may share your name on other information in connection with managing the promotion and fulfilling the incentive. We will notify you of this at the time you provide your details. Please note that these third-parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
Protection of Jump and Others.
Jump, the Third-Party Developers and all other Jump service providers may disclose and otherwise use your personal information where we or they reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to:
- Satisfy any law or regulation:
- Respond to a lawful request from a public authority, including law enforcement or national security authorities, or legal process;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities (including to report such activity), security or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- Protect the rights, property or of Jump, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Communication Between Users.
If you elect to communicate with other users of the Jump Platform using information features provided by the Jump Services such as message boards, bulletin boards, messaging or chat tools, game or player forums, multi-player game functionality or other means, any information that is disclosed should be considered public information. Jump has no obligation to keep private personally identifiable information that a user makes available to other users or the public using these functions. You should also be aware that game play information disclosed during multiplayer game play (e.g. player name and current player statistics) is public information and may be displayed to other users. Users who message one another may not know each other personally. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in public forums. You acknowledge and agree that any such communications will comply with our terms of service and rules of conduct and that Jump may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these communications, comments, photos or other communications on our servers to make use of them to protect the safety and well-being of our users and Jump’s rights and property in connection with our Services; compliance with our Terms of Service to conduct research; to operate, improve, optimize and personal the Jump Services and our users’ experiences, including through the use of analytics and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
Public Profile and Account Information.
When you create a Jump account or profile, we collect certain information. Depending on your settings, you agree that some of this information may be searchable and available to other users of the Jump Platform. We have no obligation to keep private personally identifiable information that a user makes available to other users via the Jump Platform, such as in a user profile or in multiplayer chat or other public functions.
With your consent
How to Access Manage and Update Your Information
We give you the option to receive promotional email communications from us. Users may opt-out of these communications. If you do not want to receive these non-transactional communications you may opt-out of the communications by selecting “unsubscribe” on any email. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or email preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days.
You can opt-out of receiving SMS messages (for example text messages) by texting back STOP to the number we send the text from for that particular SMS message program. In some cases, a preferences management page will also be available. When we receive an opt-out message from you for SMS messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out.
When you install the Jump Platform you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
Information we Receive from Your Social Networks
Opting out of Geolocation
If you would like to stop allowing us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us on your mobile device by changing the settings on your mobile device. We may still be able to get some location information using your IP address and other information provided to us by third- parties.
Opting out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website (www.Adobe.com) and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel (accessible through Adobe).
If you disable cookies you may lose some of the functionality of the Jump Services because Jump cookies are necessary to track and enhance the Jump Services.
Children Under the Age of 13
The games available on the Jump Platform are not for children under the age of 13 and we will not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use the Jump Platform or the Jump Services at any time. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonably measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
Jump encourages parents to instruct their children to never give out personal information when online Parents who are concerned about the transfer of personal information from their children may contact us at email@example.com.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
Corrections, Updates and Removal of Personal Information
If you are concerned about the accuracy or legality of personal information maintained by Jump or wish to review, access, amend or correct it, or would like your personal information removed from Jump’s records or otherwise deactivated, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider all such requests in accordance with applicable law. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort or expense, or jeopardize the privacy of others.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
Personal information provided to Jump will be collected, processed and stored in the United States. We have taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of the Jump Services and our customer databases and records, no website or internet transmission is completely secure. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your information and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized access to your information under our control.
Your account is protected in part by your password. It is important that you protect and maintain your account security and that you tell us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your account, the Jump Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you to reset your password.
In order to bring you the Jump Platform, we must operate on a global level. We are based in the United States and may work with partners and service providers all around the world. Your personal information may therefore be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and other countries where our partners and service providers operate. Please be aware that these countries may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws of the country where you live. If you are from certain countries (such as the EU), we will seek your consent to such data transfers when you register for an account on the Jump Platform.
Jump Gaming, Inc.
177 E. Colorado Blvd, Suite 200
Pasadena, CA 91105